Protecting your privacy is of the utmost importance to Dr John Tickell Pty Ltd. and any associated affliates (referred to herein as "we," "us," and words of a correlative or similar meaning). Dr John Tickell Pty Ltd is the sole operator of the website drjohntickell.com.
We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it.
Additionally, we are committed to protecting the privacy of children. A parent or guardian may use the web features to establish a personal health record for a minor. The parent or guardian is solely responsible for providing supervision of the minor's use the tools. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the registration information is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate. The parent or guardian also assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided.
In order to provide a broad range of products and services, we use technology to manage and maintain customer information.
The Dr John Tickell Web site contains links to other sites. Once you enter another Web site, (whether through an advertisement, service, or content link), be aware that Dr John Tickell Pty Ltd. is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every Web site that you visit through a link or advertisement on drjohntickell.com.
We may collect non-personal information about you through cookies and web beacons.
The information collected by Cookies and Web Beacons:
- help us to dynamically generate advertising and content on Web pages or in newsletters,
- allows us to monitor how many people are using our Web site and selected sponsors' and advertisers' sites,
- how many people open our emails, and
- for what purposes these actions are being taken. We may use Cookie information to target certain advertisements to your browser or to determine the popularity of certain content or advertisements. Cookies are also used to facilitate a user's log-in, as navigation aides and as session timers. Cookies are also used by drjohntickell.com to restrict underage use of the tools.
Drjohntickell.com may combine, in a non-identifiable format, the information you provide with information from other users to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate data does not contain any information that could be used to contact or identify you.
NON-PUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect "non-public personal information."
"Nonpublic personal information" is information about you that is not publicly available, and that we obtain in connection with providing a product or service to you.
- Information Gathered at Registration
At registration and at various times as you use drjohntickell.com, you will be given the option of receiving recurring informational / promotional newsletters via email from Dr John Tickell and/or directly from third parties. These emails will not contain Personal Health Information. At the time you sign up for our email newsletters or any time thereafter, you can choose to opt-in to receiving additional promotional emails. You can unsubscribe from the newsletters by simply clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email newsletter. You can also opt out of not receiving personal emails from Dr John Tickell Pty Ltd with health tips and ideas tailored to your specific needs and progress.
- Information Gathered From Emails Sent to drjohntickell.com
- Information Posted on Message Boards etc.
As a service to our users, drjohntickell.com features message boards, chat rooms and other public forums where users with similar interests can share information. We also offer online discussions moderated by health or lifestyle experts. Any information shared (including Personally Identifiable and Personal Health Information) that you reveal is by design open to the public and is not a private, secure service. You should think carefully before disclosing any Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information in any public forum. What you have written may be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes. As with any public forum on any site, this information may also appear in third-party search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN etc.
- Information Gathered from Interactive Tools
After you have registered as an Inner Circle subscriber, you may use certain interactive content, tools and services that may ask you to voluntarily provide other types of information about yourself including Personal Health Information. Some of the tools (such as certain quizzes or calculators) do not retain your Personal Health Information, while others (such as the Weekly Calendar) store your Personal Health Information in accordance with the authorization you provide at the time you use the tool.
We may only release non public Personal Information to third parties:
- if you have elected to allow us to use information to be disclosed to third parties
- to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or
- in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your Personal Information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
Our Security Procedures
We also take steps to safeguard customer information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with legal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Some of the ways we seek to protect your privacy include (but are not limited to):
- Require both a personal username (log-in name) and a password in order for users to access their Personally Identifiable Information or Personal Health Information.
- Require a public ‘nickname’ different from the username and password, used for any public forums like message boards.
- Use firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
- Utilise Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption in transmitting Personally Identifiable Information to our servers. In order to take advantage of encryption technology, you must have an Internet browser which supports 128-bit encryption.
- Closely monitor the limited number of Dr John Tickell employees who have potential access to your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Back-up our systems to protect the integrity of your Personally Identifiable and Personal Health Information.